Join us for this exciting and informative class and get ready for your scuba certification!
NOTE: SUNDAY CONDENSED SCHEDULE
Here’s the steps you’ll need to complete in order to earn your certification:
- Come to the dive center no less than TWO WEEKS before the start of class to register, complete all the necessary paperwork, and select your personal gear which is included in the program
- Then the class meets on three (usually) consecutive Sundays ALL DAY from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, starting at the Indian Valley Scuba dive center, and then moving to the Souderton Area High School for the pool work
- This is an all-day program and we do not break for lunch, so please bring snacks and drinks so we can work together to cover all the material within the allotted time frame
- A thorough Academic Review and Final Exam will be conducted at the Indian Valley Scuba dive center on the second Sunday, followed by the final exam on the third session
Once you’ve successfully passed the academics and poolwork, you can schedule your Open Water dives. In order to ensure your success as a safe, competent open water scuba diver, IVS requires a minimum of six dives to be completed over the course of two days. The final two dives are actually student-planned and student-led, ensuring you have the skills to safely plan and execute dives on your own after graduation. These checkout dives, as they are called, can be scheduled at your convenience on any of our local Open Water Weekend dates or on many of our tropical trips.
Indian Valley Scuba’s exclusive Open Water +Plus! program also includes two additional specialty diver certifications, PADI’s Peak Performance Buoyancy & Coral Reef Conservation. These two programs require one additional evening of class, held at IVS, following your checkout dives in order for us to process your certifications. These classes are scheduled one Monday evening each month year-round.
PADI Open Water +PLUS!
Indian Valley Scuba prides itself on being the 'Deliberately Different' dive center, and our IVS-exclusive Open Water +Plus! program exemplifies that in every way. From including everything required, from textbooks, their own personal gear, instructor-supervised checkout dives, two specialty certifications, and all certification fees, you won't find any of that all too familiar "Oh, and you need to buy something else to finish" nonsense that is so prevalent in how many advertise their course prices. On top of that, in order to successfully complete our program, we require more checkout dives than anyone else (and 50% more dives than required by any training agency), as well as having our students finish the course by planning and leading their own final dives - another IVS-exclusive. Along the way, they also earn their Peak Performance Buoyancy and A.W.A.R.E. Coral Reef Conservation specialty certifications at the same time. No other dive center offers this level of training and thoroughness in each diver's personal development, and it works to achieve our goal, of preparing divers to be truly equipped mentally, physically and psychologically to be able to confidently and competently plan and execute a lifetime of amazing underwater adventures. No corner is cut in your development as a true diver and undersea explorer, and you'll definitely be proud to have earned your certification through Indian Valley Scuba. And as you travel and enjoy your awesome new sport, you'll find IVS divers in every ocean on our earth, enjoying reefs, wrecks, and everything else that the underwater world has to offer. An IVS diver can take pride in the fact that they truly earned their certification!
Open Water Scuba Diver
The course fee includes an allowance for the student to select their own required personal equipment, such as their choice of mask, snorkel, fins and boots (if needed for the fins selected). Students are encouraged to purchase their complete kit, although, this is not required for this program, and IVS will provide all the gear required for the pool sessions at no additional cost to the student.
- Divers Medical Questionnaire
- IVS Model Release
- Open Water Team Teaching Tracking Form
- PADI Liability Release and Assumption of Risk
- PADI Youth Diving Responsibility and Risks Acknowledgment
- RSTC Medical Statement
- Standard Safe Diving Practices Statement of Understanding
2 [Six Open Water Dives]